C&C4 Remake Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Faction Art Style

+3
videogmer314
Spider_Pig_Rocks
ThaBo$s
7 posters

Go down

Faction Art Style Empty Faction Art Style

Post  ThaBo$s Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:02 am

After seeing complaints about C&C 4's art style with each faction, I would like to hear exactly what people think should be the prefered design style of both GDI and Nod should be. Now the whole Blue vs. Gold. vs. Yellow thing is another matter, but how should each faction look artistically?
ThaBo$s
ThaBo$s
Project Leader

Back to top Go down

Faction Art Style Empty Re: Faction Art Style

Post  Spider_Pig_Rocks Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:51 am

Nod should be a dark red mixed with a lit red sort of on fire look Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Spider_Pig_Rocks

Back to top Go down

Post  videogmer314 Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm

I like TW's art style, with GDI having blocky, conventional, and classic-styled units, while Nod has sleek and futuristic units. An excellent example of what I mean is if you compare the predator tank with the scorpion tank.
videogmer314
videogmer314
Admin

https://cnc4remake.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shriken Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 pm

I think nod need a high tech sleek look but that end with spikes or points. They also need to have things like pipes all over the place carrying liquid tiberium etc.

GDI i think need to stay with the slightly blocky yet strong look, lots of armour plating etc, but which is very straight edged. Very typical military feel, maybe base off of the US military in how they design their vehicles etc.
Shriken
Shriken

Back to top Go down

Post  ThaBo$s Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 pm

videogmer314 wrote:I like TW's art style, with GDI having blocky, conventional, and classic-styled units, while Nod has sleek and futuristic units. An excellent example of what I mean is if you compare the predator tank with the scorpion tank.

Agreed. I like the fact that most of us can come to a consensus on these things as well.

GDI, in my opinion, should be rugged and blocky, but emphasizes functionality of the design over it's artistic value (i.e. Mammoth Tank)

Nod should look sleek and sci-fi-ish, like in C&C 3, emphasizing the artistic design of the unit over it's functionality (i.e. Avatar Warmech)
ThaBo$s
ThaBo$s
Project Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Shriken Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:25 pm

GDI conventional warfare over psychological warfare Smile and NOD is the opposite
Shriken
Shriken

Back to top Go down

Post  granyte Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:53 pm

just asking what do you think about the scrin shall we bring them back or let them dead?

to me they should be some how present (they where there in TS so EA did not just poped them out of nowhere)
granyte
granyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider_Pig_Rocks Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:05 pm

we should make some mini scrin campain (maybe they will steal things from GDI and pretend to be them Wink
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Spider_Pig_Rocks

Back to top Go down

Post  granyte Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:18 pm

them going that stealthy is really unlikely since the power we know them to have but they may send an scouting party to evaluate the power on the planet to know if it's worthy to go back to it or if it would cost them to much resources
granyte
granyte

Back to top Go down

Post  ThaBo$s Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:44 pm

granyte wrote:just asking what do you think about the scrin shall we bring them back or let them dead?

to me they should be some how present (they where there in TS so EA did not just poped them out of nowhere)

I do not think that we should include them, especially with having 3 different classes for both GDI and Nod. It's enough to ballance and create 6 unique classed-factions, so throwing an additional 3 in would get a bit chaotic. If we do decide to have them however, i'd say we should save it for a second release after both GDI and Nod are complete
ThaBo$s
ThaBo$s
Project Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  granyte Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 pm

they could be donne later but on the storyline side we can't just go like we kicked some alien asses and they never ever came back and we continued kiling each other on our little dieing planet

that is prob what EA will do but again EA killed C&C our goal is to bring it back to life
granyte
granyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:09 pm

ThaBo$s wrote:
granyte wrote:just asking what do you think about the scrin shall we bring them back or let them dead?

I do not think that we should include them, especially with having 3 different classes for both GDI and Nod. It's enough to ballance and create 6 unique classed-factions, so throwing an additional 3 in would get a bit chaotic. If we do decide to have them however, i'd say we should save it for a second release after both GDI and Nod are complete

yh, lets just start with 1.0 with all of the basic stuff, 1.1 will take care of the bugs and add a new unit, 1.2 will add a bit more, and by the time we reach release 1.5 we should have been able to include all of the special units and their effects.
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  ThaBo$s Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 pm

granyte wrote:they could be donne later but on the storyline side we can't just go like we kicked some alien asses and they never ever came back and we continued kiling each other on our little dieing planet

that is prob what EA will do but again EA killed C&C our goal is to bring it back to life

True, but try to look at it from the standpoint of the Scrin at the end of C&C 3:

They have just been tricked into an attempted harvest operation by the planning and prowness of one mysterious being, which in fact they have record of by his DNA. This signifies that they know who kane is, and most likely know his motives. After the harvest force was defeated, the only scrin presence on the planet is Threshold 19.

This is only an assumption, but since the harvest force was hiding out in the Kuiper belt beyond the planatary solar system, It is reasonable to assume that they have not yet unlocked the technology of portable warp/light speed travel, with their technology only allowing short ranged wormholes through fixed structures.

With this in mind, and the fact that the Scrin probably do not only depend on a handfull of planets for their supply of Tiberium, it would be too expensive for them to imediately construct a counter strike assault force and launch into space for X amount of years before arriving at Sol. Their best option would be to have a mid size force ready at the Ichor Hub, and, knowing Kane's intent on activating Threshold 19, and warping them in through the tower upon it's activation
ThaBo$s
ThaBo$s
Project Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  granyte Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:22 pm

actualy this sugest the oposite as the towers where ment to relay "Ichor" to the central processing unitthat might be anywhere in the galaxy as far as we know and they where on the range of things that a small harvesting operation can build so it's no that hard for them to build them and that it's likely to be by the way of worms holes that they would send a scouting party to fully evaluate the state of thing befor deciding if earth can be recovered as a Ichor source or if it shall be ignored until they have the time to comme exterminate the insects that swarm it's surface.
not to metion that thi is what the scrin say they will doe at the end of the scrin campain in TW

Also the datas contained in the tacitus led "kane" to know how to fool them into begining the harvesting operation in advance as he learned that they where to wait for a liquid tiberium explosion to happen on it's own meaning that the planet would have been beyond recovery and that the local life would be on the verge of extinction but causing that liquid tib explosion in advance caused them to get on the planet while GDI and NOD are sill around and kicking so that they would kick thier a$$ the hell out.
and it was told in C&C 3 datas that the tacitus revealed that the scrin force stationed in the kuiper's belt was just a small Harvesting force not a FULL scale assault force ready to exterminate a fully alive civilisation

and of course they know "Kane" ..... crap guys have you played TD ? and TS Firestorm? the explaination is in the spoiler but for those who don't wan spoilers about the story should not look a them

Spoiler:
granyte
granyte

Back to top Go down

Post  GodofDeath Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Yes i think i agree with most of the people here, go for a cnc3 art style, and stick with the color scheme. GDI should have brownish gold and blocky art style emphasizing toughness or strength. Nod should be futuristic and sleek with 2 main colors, black and the team/house color (usually red). Nod units and structures are mostly black with the red forming geometric designs and shapes on the units' surfaces which makes them look especially badass in my opinion.

I suggest check out some cnc3 concept art to get some ideas.
http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/info/cnc3_concept
GodofDeath
GodofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down