C&C4 Remake Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground?

+3
bluestar
Shriken
Naraku
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground?

Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Vote_lcap75%Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Vote_lcap25%Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Empty Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground?

Post  Naraku Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Yes or no question here, if we are to be making a mod then we should consider putting some serious work into this, right now, I don't see anything going on, we need some dedicated members if we are to make this work. First things first.

I need someone to texture the t2 support units on the moddb page, they are not UV mapped and I have dedicated enough of my time as it is.

Right now we got this "everybody is doing their own thing" system right now and that is just complete crap, seriously if we can't put our works together and work as a team instead of only half of the team actually being online, then I won't waste my time anymore.

I know that this is going to be a slow process however, it doesn't have to be this slow, the fans and I want to see some results, so lets think about if we are going to spend any more time on this.
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Empty Re: Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground?

Post  Shriken Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 am

for a start we still don't have a solid project plan and roles with specific goals in place, only one given a task as far as im aware was me to create some buildings, which ive had to put on hold due to some stuff at college that has jumped on me without warning (and it wasnt a girl lol). So ill continue with that as soon as i can.

We need a solid design plan and everyone needs to be told who is doing what and nobody deviates from that plan unless they want to test stuff, and in that case should post it up and tell people what there idea is, then it can be voted on to see if it gets into the mod.

We also need some webspace to share files, or at the very least a PRIVATE forum where we can post up private megaupload/rapidshare links that noone else can get to (or people will either steal out work or comment too early). When we recruit we ask people what they are capable of and get them to show some work to prove it, having people not really no what they are doing will waste time and effort.

We need some new management for the project also, some people who will talk regulary and also get the design document done and a schedule (a very loose schedule of course, this is a mod afterall, but organisation will bring progress).

As far as im aware we have LOADS of mappers (not needed really) we have what appears to be 1 or 2 coders capable of the job at hand, and 1 full time modeller as the other has their own mod at work. Correct me if im wrong on those as im only going on who ive spoken to.

- First thing to move the project on is to make a list and possibly some cuts from the team, or rearrange who is doing what to more specific roles. like some mappers will need to be told to either leave or to do smaller jobs to speed up progress.

- next we shud get our design document sorted and upload it to a private area (we rele ought to get some webspace :/ or something). As soon as that is complete we can make a schedule of what needs to be done first ( i vote coding then models etc, then maps, then missions.)

- when all that is done we can start recruiting for weak areas and get people to prove they can do the job at hand, then wen we have a team we need a "lead" of each team, like modeller, mapper, coder etc. those leads will report progress once every week or 2 on what there team has achieved and then we shall start to see some progress Smile.

this project can work if we get some leadership on where we are going.

Also Naraku I would drop the models uve done and tke them off moddb as unless uve modeled them from scratch theres no way anyone will want to texture a model thats in triangles, much easier to uv in quads then convert for game use.
Shriken
Shriken

Back to top Go down

Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground? Empty Re: Poll: Do you see this project getting off the ground?

Post  Naraku Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 am

lol @ first part, but those models are different from the last ones if you've seen my post in the other thread, they don't go inside of each other, the vehicle is from Marcion's Transport,(KW mission) however the turret is new.
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  bluestar Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:08 am

well in the 1 meeting i actually went to i saw that it was only 3 people talking out of like 9, so getting the others to give some input wud probably be a start.

Also more activity on xfire wud probably be easier to get the word of a meeting across. Still awaiting granyte and thabo$s to acc friend invites i sent 3 weeks ago.

better organization, the latest time zone i do believe r team has is UK time, so we shud be working with their scheduling since they r ahead of every1 else.
bluestar
bluestar
Admin

http://nickcncchat.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 am

I am aussie so all your meetings are about 3 am in the morning

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  bluestar Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:52 am

well thankfully no1 cares about aussieland so its ok Razz
bluestar
bluestar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 am

Kill the *insert country here* heretic!!!

Australia Rocks Very Happy

SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:13 am

WOOHOO u aussie?

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:49 am

yep Smile

SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:14 pm

YES!!!!!

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  bluestar Sun May 02, 2010 6:03 pm

i wud like the change my vote to no.

the way things r going right now i dont foresee this mod taking off anymore.
bluestar
bluestar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Sun May 02, 2010 6:23 pm

and what did I say? "YALL NI99AS JUST DONT LISTEN"
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider_Pig_Rocks Sun May 02, 2010 6:39 pm

if you ppl dont belev in the mod, its ur problem, for me, its going to be huge!

were doing great! (besides the modeler needs)

ill accept your resignation now
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Spider_Pig_Rocks

Back to top Go down

Post  bluestar Sun May 02, 2010 6:46 pm

we need a reason to believe, so get something major done.
bluestar
bluestar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shriken Sun May 02, 2010 7:06 pm

this mods a joke, noone is organised, no real leadership and all decisions are made and executed without anyone else knowing and even concepts made solid by one or two people. The rest of the team are just "used" because those in charge don't have the skills to do it. If anyone expects this to work it needs to be fair and leadership needs to be solid and people needs plans.
Shriken
Shriken

Back to top Go down

Post  bluestar Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

that is y, if the mod survives this long, i declare that we all need to meet sometime in June when Summer Vacation has just started so we can all be here and figure out wut the fuck we r doing, re-establish organization, and generally pull this mod back together b4 it finally collapses and dies.

and be more active on xfire, because that is where future meetings will be held.
bluestar
bluestar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Mon May 03, 2010 12:41 am

you are forgetting the time zones differences, all the meetings are at 3 am or whatever over in Australia land

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider_Pig_Rocks Mon May 03, 2010 7:11 am

well have them earlyer and lets have them on skype

(www.skype.com)
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Spider_Pig_Rocks

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Mon May 03, 2010 8:32 am

Ok heres what I see going on and what needs to be done.

Work on the website continues along with promotional advertising of the mod on the official C&C forums. I need people to start gathering data together for the website content. I just sent a message to our future host (sagefans.net) to see when they're going to be ready to support us. Once again our temporary url is http://www.aubronwood.com/tiberium/test/ for those who want to watch the progress of the design.

@ Mappers: I want a couple of kick ass maps to preview on the site once it launches. This means we need to get to work on these now, not release a few crap maps when the models are ready a year from now. For those who want to work on it, Ideally I want to see a Tiberium Gardens remake. This means studying the TD & TS design on the map and building from there. Adding some cities on the outskirts of the map would be nice (I think TS & TD had cities). This is just one map to get us started and more designs will be requested later on.

@ modelers: We need some tiberium wildlife. I need someone to model the Tiberian Fiend, Tiberium Floater, Veinhole monster, Viceroids and a number of trees. I'll see what I can find for old tiberium wildlife so we have something to work off of. For now, base it off of TS ingame and out of game footage. If you need, theres the EVA Wiki on google with a lot of valuable information.
2: We also need to redesign the tiberium models.Take a look at tiberium icestorm and see if we can mimick their tiberium. (I already tried contacting them to see if we could use their models, but they declined).

@ storywriters: I know we're working on the story, and theres a lot of good ideas floating around and some bad ones. We need to hash out the main story (plot) and then work on details (sub characters, battles etc)

@mission designers: Until the storyline is well underway, this will have to be put on hold. Make a cup of tea and see about helping out the others.

@concept artists: Start drawing. While we need a direction for units, practicing will keep you honed and you never know what might pop out of the woodworks that might end up being a unit. Be creative! Again we need ideas for tiberium wildlife, plants, trees, scenery, etc. Lets see if we can get a few tiberian waterlife examples built (tiberium lilly pad anyone? lol)

@visual artists: Start collecting images. TD, TS, C&C3, C&C4. Wallpapers, graphics, textures, patterns, etc. We need a collection of resources to be able to use. Additionally, make some wallpapers, graphics, or anything promotional. I'll take a look at any works and let you know if/how to improve upon them if needed. This will keep us sharp and also give us new ideas. (Plus I can help you skip a lot of painful years of trial and error.)

A real-time team meeting has already noted to be difficult so using the forums is ample way to keep in contact. Make sure you do so. So far everyone is off doing their own thing, and thats ok! Individuality works great as long as we keep the end goals in sight. Just make sure to keep checking back every now and then and if you want to pick one of the above projects that will keep our goals continuing and allow the mod to continue being under development. It's time to kick it up a notch guys.

Above all, remember to have fun! There is no pressure to get anything done under a certain time frame (except me apparently. Stop harassing me about the website! lol. It's coming!) but once we get more done on the mod it will take some more time and dedication. Lets get started so we dont get bogged down.

That's all I have for now. If any of you need to get a hold of me, I'm Nyture on skype and my MSN is nyture@hotmail.com.

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 am

Actually, we need to get everyone on the team to get online xfire, then we can discuss things, some people in this team believe that this mod is going to be a huge success (probably because they don't see all the work to be done) and some people think that it is a joke. We have concepts and great ideas people, but we need people to carry them out. I expected this mod to take a hell of alot of work, but I also expected to have more people working on this. Actually, only about 3/4 of our team posts on this forum because they are waiting for the new site.
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Mon May 03, 2010 10:15 am

I think SPR has a better idea with skype. A number of people have skype, it runs better, and can facilitate the need of a ""chatroom" where several people can join a conversation. XFire is good ingame, but not much else. Additionally, just because we're waiting on the site doesn't mean people shouldn't be contributing or working on projects. I just named several above. Waiting for the site is an excuse.... speaking of which...

I just received word and we should have ftp and admin panel access, so the site will be going online sooner than later. Waiting for the site is just a cop out. We have moddb and these forums to facilitate all our needs right now.

Additionally, if you're one of the people who are "waiting for the site", you can start helping. There's a lot to do for a website, most of the time people sit back and expect it to "just be done". It doesn't work like that. Page names, content creation, logo designs, site flare/artwork, content design (yes, its different than content creation). All this needs to be done. If you want to help the site get online faster, open up microsoft word and start building a page design. Write content, add images, and position them. It doesn't need to be html, it just needs to look good and be viable. I can take a word page and convert it to the site. I'll attach a sample word document in a minute to show you what I can work with.

See attached:
MS Word Sample file

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Spider_Pig_Rocks Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 pm

JPNyt is my new right hand!

nice plan
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Spider_Pig_Rocks

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Mon May 03, 2010 5:07 pm

I agree with JP, but that is actually not entirely an excuse because some of our team doesn't visit this forum at all for some reason, also your link doesnt work.
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm getting in contact with more people every day. Once the site goes live we'll have something firm to stand on and communicate with, but if people arent using these boards then what would make them use the te boards. The difference is where to register. Regardless at this point, its better to just wait for the official site, but still, I don't want to keep see excuses for not contributing. If someone volunteered to help the mod, that means contribute something, not site back and wait for the mod to be finish and have your name slapped on the team roster for a resume item.

Checked the link, its valid but its a Word 2007 document. Can you not download it or not open it?

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Tue May 04, 2010 11:07 pm

Internet explorer can not open this webpage
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum