C&C4 Remake Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello! I'm the new concept artist. Here's some of my work thus far.

+4
BobbyFrankyJim
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Naraku
j0shh
8 posters

Go down

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Empty Hello! I'm the new concept artist. Here's some of my work thus far.

Post  j0shh Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Hello. My name is Josh and I'm the new concept artist with C&C4 Redux. I'm PizzaAtomica's understudy and will mostly be doing things that fly - meaning Support Class stuff. Here's some of my recent work.

This is a design (or, multiple designs) for the "Wraith" flying aircraft carrier - Nod T4 Support, of course.

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img049u.th

Several people have already expressed their approval for the far-right design, the flying-wing style one, and the drone on the left.

Nod Support T3 "Mavor" Artillery. I'm hoping a name-change is in the works, b/c "Mavor" is from SupCom and not a very Nod-ish name at all.

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img050k.th

This one may need some explaining. As I explored different styles of artillery barrels, I remembered my physics classes. Artillery is all about heaving a huge shell huge distances. So I settled on using centripetal force to do that. Centripetal force, or "center-seeking" for you physics neophytes out there, basically causes an object to go into orbit around a source of gravity or magnetism. In this case, in the center of the torus featured in the turret, an electromagnet causes the shell to orbit at high velocity inside the torus until the magnet is turned off, causing the shell to exit tangentially and out the barrel at extremely high speeds.

Comments/criticisms welcome.
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Empty Re: Hello! I'm the new concept artist. Here's some of my work thus far.

Post  Naraku Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Well, if you can think of a better name, go for it, as I said, the unit list is not yet complete and suggestions are welcome, that is just a placeholder name

Btw, the artillery needs more of a "beast" look to it, also it is a unit that packs and unpacks, so we will need both drawings

Mavor ----> Maverick

Last edited by Naraku on Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Empty Re: Hello! I'm the new concept artist. Here's some of my work thus far.

Post  Spider_Pig_Rocks Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:30 pm

cool! i like it! also, just an FYI, "Tiberian Fiend" is my good friend and former co-worker at ProWB, he will be mapping and trying to make the forgotton better Wink
Spider_Pig_Rocks
Spider_Pig_Rocks

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Thank goodness for decent quality scanners. I've switched pencil types for additional clarity in my sketches, and btw, the only reason I'm working so fast is cause I'm on spring break right now.

New concept of the "Mavor"/"Maverick".

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img051b.th

Same design of the artillery piece, new chassis to embody the "Beast look" that Naraku wanted. Plus deployed/undeployed versions Smile
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:04 am

maybe if u spun the artillery head around a bit more into the machine itself so it is pretty much a weaponless thing on treads cos it looks a bit wierd with the big bit of metal sticking out on the mobile version Smile

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  GodofDeath Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:48 pm

I drew something a while back for cnc 4, since you are dong a mod, I just thought I'd share it.

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Nodbattleshipconcept

Its not really practical because most of the detail is on the bottom, and when you are playing you never really see the bottom, all you would see is the domed top. Kinda looks like a fish to me.
GodofDeath
GodofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 pm

oooh fancy. I do like the thrusters (on a related pun, the Obelisk looks like a giant Nod schlong sticking out from the bottom of the ship, hence the THRUSTers) and the missile pods are also excellent. I do think the hanger bays could be best used on the sides of the ship, but the rest isn't bad at all. Might use the design for the flying battleship though.
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  CommieDog Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:43 pm

I recommend cutting the obelisk-penis. The rocket pod may need to go too, unless you're planning for the carrier planes to attack ground units only.

CommieDog

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm

(on a related pun, the Obelisk looks like a giant Nod schlong sticking out from the bottom of the ship, hence the THRUSTers)

Dang he beat me to it. lol

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Can someone maybe fix this up to be more GDI ish? I'm trying to redraw it now but maybe someone else could improve it.

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Photo0758

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Photo0759o

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Hey all, just to show you I'm not dead yet. "I can assure you, the rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain
Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img058q.th

There's my redone GDI Defense Crawler comcept. I didn't like the idea of a HUGE artillery cannon sticking out the top - I mean, it's a crawler, not a huge artillery piece - so I made it hideable and made it two smaller ones. Whatever floats your boat. EDIT: woops. flip the image 90 degrees ccwise when you view it. I forgot to do that post-scan.

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img057b.th

I got really bored in English class this past week. (I mean, we're reading Faulkner. It doesn't get much worse than that!) Here's my vision of the Nod T4 "Purifier" mech, specifically countering def. class. Flamethrowers kill buildings/infantry quick, triple plasma cannons (think Cyborg Commando-style) hurt vehicles bad as well. Based off Redeemer for the most part.

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img059o.th

Unfinished Nod T4 AA mech, loosely based off C&C3 Avatar, with heavy AA rocket launcher and AA/AG 50mm cannon turret. Wonderful against Support classes, lacking vs. Def/Off. It probably won't get its concept finished right now, but it gives you enough of an idea as to my thoughts.

Proud to be a part of this mod, Josh signing off.
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:58 pm

btw, we have a carrier model for nod already, also, I can't see the images very well at all
there won't be a purifier mech in the mod because we have an avatar, you should really check the list to only make art of models that haven't been modeled yet, we are moving quite fast with the nod models now
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:04 pm

With Links Fixed.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img153/6769/img058q.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img109/1339/img057b.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img179/4297/img059o.jpg

(BTW, looks like you just re-sketched the C&C4 GDI Defense crawler ... But I'll have to think about the split cannon concept. That intrigues me. Oh, and remember in C&C 1-3, it was the MCV, in C&C4 it was the crawler due to everything being built out of it including units, in this mod, Its basically a Mobile Command Station.)

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:34 am

Slight clarifications. By the "Purifier" I mean what is now the Nod Offense T4 Ground Battleship. When I made this art, it was called the Purifier and had heavy flamethrowers. Now it's changed and I didn't take the time to change the name on the art.

The Nod AA mech is still called the Gladiator Warmech in the list, so that should be fine.

The GDI Defense crawler is honestly NOT copied out of CNC4. When I was creating it, I took the Mammoth Mark II chassis and swapped out the legs for treads and deployable anchors. Side mounted railguns became the top-mounted artillery cannon (t3 upgrade) and the chin cannons are a direct nod (no pun intended) to the Mastodon's chin cannons, only of much smaller calibre and pulling anti-infantry duty this time. Crawlers aren't supposed to BE your army, they SUPPORT your army, so I pulled back on the number of weapons I mounted on them.

EDIT: And thanks, JPNyt, for the fixed links. I realized that a little too late to fix them.
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 am

whenever someone puts "no pun intended" I try pretty hard to find the pun, couldn't find it
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 am

One: THIS XKCD comic. But in this case, there actually is a pun. "... a slight NOD to the ..." given it's a GDI vehicle.
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img060.th

Hello!  I'm the new concept artist.  Here's some of my work thus far. Img061k.th

Here's my Orca concept art. More is forthcoming so far. Feel free to critique and discuss all you want. I'm a big boy, I can handle criticism :p

Direct links cause the thumbnails suck:

Fighter: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img594/1920/img060.jpg

Suppressor: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img263/9162/img061k.jpg
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:37 am

nice and about 10 billion times better then what I can do

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  Naraku Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 am

on the 2nd orca, the railguns are supposed to be an anti ground unit weapon, meaning that they are supposed to be able to move and aim towards the ground Razz
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  PizzaAtomica Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 am

Hi Josh, sorry I hadn't taken the time yet to reply to you, anyway your stuff looks great I'm glad to have you on board cheers

PizzaAtomica

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Fri May 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Until the new forums are completely finished, I'll continue to post here.

After a long hiatus, I'm back with more concept art!

http://www.moddb.com/members/j0shh/images/tiberian-eclipse-apc-concept-art

After having difficulty with imageshack posting, I decided to start using my Moddb profile. It's a lot more reliable and easier to do, so there.

APC concept art - pretty simple. 2 designs, both fairly standard GDI stuff. 1 futuristic and 1 conventional design, with 2 weapon options for each one. I don't mean to say that each one has two weapons or can be upgraded, I'm just giving the devs and modelers options. Anyways, the conventional one might be appropriate for Offense, and the futuristic one for Defense/Support. I believe all 3 subfactions have APCs so I'm killing a couple of birds with one stone.

Anyways, comments, critiques are always welcome, and I'm glad to be a part of this team!
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Sat May 15, 2010 8:25 am

Hey josh. If you could try reposting this in the new forums as well I'd appreciate it. I believe they should be working, but its hard to find bugs/errors when you're the only one testing something.

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down