C&C4 Remake Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predevelopment Release 1

5 posters

Go down

Predevelopment Release 1 Empty Predevelopment Release 1

Post  CommieDog Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:29 pm

After some prodding from Naraku, I have enough work done to release it. You can download it here: http://www.filefront.com/16026797/ModConceptRelease1.zip. Note that the download contains both the source code and the compiled BIG file. To install it, all you need to do is copy the CnC4Remake folder into your [Documents]\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\mods\ folder.

Basically, this release has the GDI Offense class with redeployable structures, a tech upgrade puchaseable in the structure tab, and the Shield Redeemer unit buildable from the stardard War Factory.

CommieDog

Back to top Go down

Predevelopment Release 1 Empty Re: Predevelopment Release 1

Post  Naraku Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 pm

lmao a moving barracks

also, about the ability, I was thinking that the shield is automatically deployed where the unit is at, and that the shield moves with the unit, and that the units inside can still fire from inside of the shield
Naraku
Naraku

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:59 pm

that is funny.

BTW, I thought I would point out, for some reason, the refinery is messed up, so even if I have one, the WF can't build harvestors. Might want to look at the dependencies.

Also, if you want, I can give you the code I used to make the special abilities buy units, useful if you want the mobile MCV to be able to produce units. (But you'll only be able to build three types, since it uses the special ability slots down the bottom right of the screen.

SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  CommieDog Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 am

Naraku wrote:also, about the ability, I was thinking that the shield is automatically deployed where the unit is at, and that the shield moves with the unit, and that the units inside can still fire from inside of the shield
I thought I fixed it so that shielded units can attack. I'll take another look at it.

SEA-106 wrote:BTW, I thought I would point out, for some reason, the refinery is messed up, so even if I have one, the WF can't build harvestors. Might want to look at the dependencies.
I wasn't too concerned with making old units work with the new system. They'll be replaced by new units soon enough.

SEA-106 wrote:Also, if you want, I can give you the code I used to make the special abilities buy units, useful if you want the mobile MCV to be able to produce units. (But you'll only be able to build three types, since it uses the special ability slots down the bottom right of the screen.
Since the plan calls for Refineries to build Harvesters, that could be useful.

CommieDog

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Ok, here's what I did to make the GDI MCV build a pitbull, obviously you'll have to edit it a bit. The only real downside is that there is no build time, only a cooldown afterwards.

This first bit of code is what is in the behaviours area of the unit.
Code:
<OCLSpecialPower
            id="SpecialPower_PitbullSpecial"
            SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerPitbullSpecial"            
            UpdateModuleStartsAttack="true"
            OCL="OCL_PitbullSpecial"
            CreateLocation="USE_OWNER_OBJECT" />
         <SpecialAbilityUpdate
            id="SpecialPower_PitbullSpecialUpdate"
            SpecialPowerTemplate="SpecialPowerPitbullSpecial"
            PreparationTime="0s" />

Then, outside the unit, are these assets.

Code:
<SpecialPowerTemplate
      id="SpecialPowerPitbullSpecial"
      ReloadTime="20s"
      Money="-700"
      TargetType="NONE"
      RestrictionType="1"      
      NameOfVoiceNameToUseAsInitiateIntendToDoVoice="InitiateMoveToPositionAndEvacuate">
   </SpecialPowerTemplate>

<ObjectCreationList
      id="OCL_PitbullSpecial">
      <CreateObject
         Options="IGNORE_ALL_OBJECTS DONT_SET_PRODUCER"
         Disposition="ON_GROUND_ALIGNED"
         CreateFX="FX_CrawlerSpecial">
         <Offset
            x="20.0"
            y="-80.0"
            z="0.0"></Offset>
         <CreateObject>GDIPitbull</CreateObject>
      </CreateObject>
   </ObjectCreationList>

<LogicCommand
      Type="SPECIAL_POWER"
      id="Command_PitbullSpecial">
      <SpecialPower>SpecialPowerPitbullSpecial</SpecialPower>
   </LogicCommand>

the OCL (object creation list) is what actually creates the unit, and it places it at the offset indicated.

note that I don't have the logiccommandset or unitabilitybuttontemplate here, as you should be able to handle that rather easily.

SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbyFrankyJim Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:29 pm

I am not a big computer person, how do I open the mod?

BobbyFrankyJim

Back to top Go down

Post  SEA-106 Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 am

Put the CnC4Remake folder, containing the .big and .skudef file, in your Command & Conquer 2 Tiberium Wars/mods folder, which should be in your My Documents folder.

SEA-106

Back to top Go down

Post  CommieDog Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:52 pm

That's how you install the mod. Then you have to start the game browser, click on the mods tab, and select the CnC4Remake option in the list.

CommieDog

Back to top Go down

Post  j0shh Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:22 pm

OK couple things.

1) obvious lack of art aside, I assume that you're using MCV code to allow buildings to pack up and redeploy? Solid concept.

2) every time the refinery redeploys, you get a new harvester. I ended up un/re deploying my ref like 100 times and swarming my enemy with 100 harvesters. What an ignoble way to die. Is there an easy coding fix for this, like a limit on how many times the unit spawns?

3) other than that looks like solid proof of concept. Looks like everything's gonna work out well.
j0shh
j0shh

Back to top Go down

Post  CommieDog Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:40 pm

Mind you, this isn't supposed to really be playable. The bug should be easily fixable, but I'm too lazy to do it now. Razz

CommieDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum