C&C4 Remake Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile VeinHole monster

2 posters

Go down

Mobile VeinHole monster Empty Mobile VeinHole monster

Post  Tiberian Fiend Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Guys it struck me - EA was lazy in the sence that the tiberian wildlife was left to the side,
there were afew missing features and what not, including the veinhole monster; a afliction that scar-ed the landscape and yet the main concept was beyond EA's capable hands - i've reinvented the veinhole monster as a new an more likely by-product of mutation.

Vein Monster:
- Cannot be built
- Vehicle(its tough againest alot of things + it needs to deploy)
- Moves around with a core like a visc with veins swimming forth(like flagellum - look it up XD) from the core, it finds a suitable location to "deploy" to trap unsuspecting vehicles and biomass.
- Once deployed the surface of the terrain around the core will display a cluster of veins(orange), and the attack radius will show some veins(black) poking through the surface.
- The vein attacks within the radius of the deployed monster, there is no projectile - just veins (black and animated) will prop up near the vehicle and damage it.
- vein monsters also attack infantry but do slightly less damage to them.
- heals when attacks
- the veins around the core are orange - the core itself is white, the veins further away from the core are black.
- heals on Tiberium
- Slows victims

Things to consider when desigining - when deployed (we do not know wether the surface is even or not) so make sure the further veins connect to the base of the monster model when deployed.

Be creative; animate the veins, make them wiggle now and again whilst idle.

If it can be done - script it so that it wanders(like the visc) and make it deploy and re-deploy at random phases.

Theres my tiberian wildlife update for now, Very Happy.
Tiberian Fiend
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Mobile VeinHole monster Empty Re: Mobile VeinHole monster

Post  JPNyt Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:10 pm

The mobile concept is interesting, but sounds more like the tiberian floater. I like all of it but just make it a stationary "structure".

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:26 pm

JPNyt wrote:The mobile concept is interesting, but sounds more like the tiberian floater. I like all of it but just make it a stationary "structure".

I was thinking that however - these can be scripted if they re-deploy.

Tiberian Floater of course will always remain as a floating cloud of mass which brushes againest enemies to zap em.
+ we will need to make the floater wander too(I think they couldn't move via different elevations, but it is the future so..... ).

They move and force tiberium clouds from themselves to move, meaning we will need to make some sort of tiberium cloud for them.
Tiberian Fiend
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Even if it is the future, its only a few dozen(hundred?) years. I doubt the evolution of the floater changed *that* much. Wink Going to say, It floats but I don't think it's ever needed to evolve into a high-altitude life-form... but that could lead to another point, who's to say the tiberium didn't mutate a bird? Give our planes something to worry about.

*dunno about the redeploy, but thats just IMO.

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiberian Fiend Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 am

I'm not saying tis gonna suddenly become the Tiberian flyer (sounds like a leaflet XD), i'm just saying old models are reasons to build on the new ones that we are creating, in the case of the floater we have a large fleshy mass which moves by producing a burst of toxic tiberium gas.

Sure tiberian could of mutated birds - however, most things that have mutated have been abnormal or of large biomass such as a dog or human; supose if we were to create another we could use an "larger" animal to do it, jellyfish was a strange choice for a mutated creature but then again - it never said the tiberian floater was anything linked to a jellyfish ;].

I was considering not have a mutation at all in one of my old ideas - simply tiberium formations which have taken a unique and agressive role, such as my Tiberian Neuro Node which connects to other nodes like the spider tank using ionic synapsis(maybe bursts rather than constant) and would cause a small ion storm(team friendly) as an ability. They could ether hover or were located in tiberium fields as structures which acted like description, they would normal be green and look like a connective neuro relay, if a blue one was designed I'd suggest making it so that the synapsis damaged the other nodes causing them to rupture and explode if units drew near.
Tiberian Fiend
Tiberian Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum