C&C4 Remake Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@PizzaAtomica

2 posters

Go down

@PizzaAtomica Empty @PizzaAtomica

Post  JPNyt Fri May 07, 2010 8:00 am

What program(s) do you use &/|| what art supplies to create your concept art? The way its done looks like your use a modeling program or a tablet. Care to share your tools of the trade?

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

@PizzaAtomica Empty Re: @PizzaAtomica

Post  PizzaAtomica Mon May 10, 2010 2:32 pm

I use photoshop cs4 for the most of it.
Usually I start out with googling some images that resemble parts of the unit how I envision it. I then put some stuff together as a rough sketch, and then I start adding all kinds of things and making adjustments untill it becomes a whole new model. So I don't really draw the entire thing from scratch, if I'd do that I'd be going insane lol. But I don't just copy-paste stuff either, I do always try to really change the original material enough to make it something new.

Here's an example, for the battlebus I used this image of a real life bus:

http://voiceofniagara.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/best-bus-shot2.jpg

I took the side and the front of it and changed the perspective so that it became more of a top-down view, then I drew the roof and all the metal plating by hand. Changed the color, added the guns and metal thing on the front from EA's battlebus, removed the sign and lights and added all kinds of mud textures and scratches untill it became this:

https://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r257/PizzaAtomica/?action=view&current=battlebus2.png

For the other stuff it wasn't really that 'simple' though because unlike a bus you can't really base a sci-fi tank or creature on one existing thing, you really have to go and grab bits and pieces of stuff. For instance the Scorpion Tank has a Nod Banshee in it, pieces of tracks from different tanks / excavators, armour details from I don't know where, all kinds of stuff really.

PizzaAtomica

Back to top Go down

Post  JPNyt Mon May 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Ahhh. That explains a lot. I can see how you did the battlebus now. The scorpion tank, not so much, but still thanks for the heads up.

JPNyt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum